Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Glories from the glorybox....

Over the weekend we made the return 7 hr trip to visit my parents-spending the night with them. It was the first time that we had taken our remaining dog to visit, and as they have a small dog of their own we were feeling some trepidation!

However all was well-both dogs behaved impeccably and our boy was totally spoiled-I hope he doesn't expect bacon for breakfast everyday now! :)

Whilst I was there my mother asked me if I would like some doilies and placemats. These items have come from my step Grandmother who is 91 and formed part of her glory box over 70 years ago! Some are handstitched, others were made on machine. The sad thing is that no-one in her line of blood relatives wanted these beautiful items!

So, it was with great pride and gratitude that I accepted them. These pieces have never been used because they were so special to her.

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful... I love these old treasures....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! They are even more beautiful in person-the fabric used for the handstitched items is incredibly light and soft; in the back of my mind a little voice keeps saying " That's because it's handkerchief linen"-but I'm not sure that's he correct name for it! :) Gorgeous anyway.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...