Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Simple soup....

 
Our weather here is having one last wintery fling and as such casseroles & soups are appreciated. This is one of the easiest and cheapest soups to make-especially for those out there who are a bit unsure of which vegetables to toss together.
 
 
Simple soup.
 
1 packet of soup vegetables ( $2 at my local supermarket)
1 400g tin diced/crushed tomatoes ( 80c)
2 litre Chicken stock ( home made or made with stock cube/powder)
 
*Chop vegies into large chunks-peeling the onion, swede and parsnip first. Peeling the potato and carrots is optional.
 
* Toss into a pot and add the tin of tomatoes
 
* Rinse the tomato tin with chicken stock and add to pot.
 
* Pour the rest of the stock into the pot and simmer until vegies are tender.
 
* If you want a more liquid soup add more stock or water.

4 comments:

  1. It is going to be 28 degrees here today in SE Qld so it won't be soup weather unfortunately. I still have soup bones in the freezer that I want to use up so I hope that we get a bit more cooler weather before the onslaught of summer so I can cook up some soup. I will keep your soup in mind though. I like simple recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple works.. ;) I'm hoping that we will move past soup weather in a week or two!

      Delete
  2. No more soup weather for us here either I shouldn't think. But I do like the simplicity of your soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. For $2 the soup pack makes a very thrifty soup-which provides a few meals for us. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...