Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Warming the cockles....

In my ever so humble opinion there's nothing to warm the cockles of your heart more than the sense of satisfaction when a job's well done! This morning I felt the buzz of achievement as I walked through the vegie garden to let the girls out of their pen-the beds planted out yesterday were glistening with the last beads of rain from the overnight drizzle, there were a few spears of asparagus to be harvested and I cut the first cabbage head.
Then this afternoon I tried my hand at making some simple flatbreads with the assistance of our 3 yr old grandson. Angus took great pleasure in helping roll the breads out thinly; although I think he enjoyed it even more when I sprinkled a freshly cooked one with cheese, rolled it and handed it to him! He immediately went to his Dad and requested that they make them at home! :-)

 Above: The potatoes make their appearance
 Above: The teepees on the left are for beans and the drink bottles are mini cloches for tomato seedlings. On the right of the pic you can see one of the potato strips. This set up is mirrored on the other side of the block.
 Above: Raspberry beds on the left, vegies on the right.
Above: The girls doing what they do!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Deezy, I came for a looksee at your blog from Down to Earth forum site.

    Love the look of your veggie garden. We live in arid South Australia so struggle a bit to grow things, but this year we are having a real go by the use of wicking beds. We hope to grow as much as we can of the food that we eat...

    I will become your newest follower, and look forward reading more about your lovely life.

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tania,

    Welcome aboard!
    Keep me updated about your wicking beds-I've seen some great results on another Forum I'm part of!

    We rely on tankwater here, so when we built the house last year put in 4 tanks totalling just under 100,000l. I was determined not run short on water for the garden-they are currently full to the brim!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...