Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday Thrift..........

I've been contemplating what today's topic should be; I've thought long and hard about which article/resource/activity would be suitable for a post about thrift and finally an idea arose when I was looking through my kitchen window at the autumn roses.

People. Friends, family, neighbours, workmates. These are some of the most valuable resources you can ever access. Your grandparents will have ideas and habits which may very  well save you some dollars! Mind you, they may also have some habits which will cause you to shake your head in disbelief..no way will I EVER let a teabag dry out and reuse it-I like my tea STRONG! ;)

Do you have neighbours who are handy at woodwork? Are they good gardeners? You may be able to get friendly and organise an exchange of plant cuttings or home maintenance for something you are good at....baking, preserving, even walking the dog or feeding their animals in return!

Your local library will probably have free internet access. Your local council should have a list of local markets. By spending a small amount of time fostering these contacts you should find yourself reaping the rewards. What other ideas do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...