Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Ways with Words......

During the last few weeks the weather has not been conducive for much outside activity....so my roving eye has been scanning the house, ever searching for a way to personalise our space-always on the tighest of budgets!

One of the easiest ways to add some interest to your home is by "tarting" with art-of course, art is in the eye of the beholder!

Now, as much as I would love a Van Gogh in the entry.... the pockets are not likely to be deep enough in this lifetime..plus I like personal touches.

Ergo-enter my trusty Toshiba laptop and home printer.

 
 
I printed out a piece of prose I wrote last week, whacked it in a cheap frame and put it up in our entry. I'm contemplating pasting the printout onto an old piece of timber and distressing it.. or getting a better frame.
 
The beauty is that because it is so cheap it matters not if I make a right royal cockup of it! I can just print out another one!
 
This little print joins a couple of other pieces around the house.....
 
 
Above our bed is a fragment of His Lordship's favourite song...
 


And in our living room I have hung this:

 
Our family is at the point where this particular piece is very pertinent!
 
What other cheap decorating ideas have you got?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...