Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pumpkin loaf? Don't mind if I do!

Recently, this recipe for a simple potato loaf was generously shared by Joybelle.
 I read it and filed it away in the back of my mind-planning on baking it at some point.

I woke up this morning to heavy rain & howling wind and after some housework and seed planting, decided to give the recipe a try...but with a twist!

I doubled the recipe and replaced the potato with mashed pumpkin. The pumpkin holds more moisture-so I added a little more Self Raising Flour. It does make a very wet mix-but the resulting loaf is moist and more-ish!

This is an easy recipe- and will be used again...I may even try it with potato!

Let me know if you give it a whirl......








Linking up at:

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I have this on my list to make. Might even write it out to take away with us caravanning too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely Becci- I added a bit of cinnamon too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...