Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Autumn activity.....

Today...........is a dreamy Autumn day. Sun is streaming through our windows, warming the inside of our home. Lightly blows the breeze and I have a morning at home to utilise.

The freezer yields 1.5kg of strawberries, frozen at the height of summer's bounty-strawberry jam is made...5 jars now sit glowing on my kitchen bench. Alongside the ruby hue is my sourdough starter ( Edie), newly fed in anticipation of sourdough bread and English muffins and keeping company is the cooling beef casserole base which has been pressure cooked into succulent tenderness......3 or 4 meals worth for us.

 
Mine is a working kitchen- it has the capability to look "pretty" but is rarely so....it is clean but not magazine feature worthy! There is always something from the garden hanging around-at the moment there is a plate of pumpkin seeds drying in anticipation of next season's planting; a bowl of the last tomatoes and a large pumpkin.
 
Later this week we will have most of our children, their partners & children here for dinner and my hard working kitchen will provide plenty for all.
 
What is your kitchen like?
 
 
Linking up at:

2 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot like me. I was pleased to be able to make some strawberry and apricot jam this year. My bread making is improving all the time too.

    I loved the way your post flowed like a poem, very creative. Nice that you have a family gathering this week - the kitchen will be humming!

    I am off to Adelaide to see my girls for a girly Mothers's Day weekend - can't wait! Enjoy this Autumn weather while it lasts...

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Joolz. :) It's another glorious day today..the only problem with the sunshine streaming in is the fact that it shows up the dirty windows! ;) Windows have been washed this morning and I am now enjoying a cup of tea as I browse the blogosphere.

      Enjoy Adelaide- I'm looking forward to arranging our next visit there.

      Dee

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...