Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuesday.

Yesterday we heard that friends are going through every parent's worst nightmare. Their week old baby (their first and born on Mothers Day) has been rushed via Air Ambulance to the Royal Children's Hospital after suffering fits. Our thoughts and prayers are with them as they await answers. XXXX

With my mind elsewhere I decided to spend this morning cooking up a couple of meals for the freezer & fridge. The weather has definitely turned towards winter-so I chose to use the ham hock left from Christmas to cook a batch of pea & ham soup (our daughter had cooked up a pot when we visited last weekend and I've been craving it ever since!).

Plus, a pack of split peas ( pre-soaked), a couple of chicken fillets and sautéed vegetables  thrown together has given me a huge pan of savoury split peas.

Both dishes are incredibly frugal and hearty..to say nothing of downright delicious! :) I also threw a loaf of sourdough bread in the oven ( it had been left to rise overnight)-so we will have fresh bread with our pea & ham soup.

What are your favourite comfort foods?
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. How do you do the second dish with the chicken Deezy? Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose it's almost the same as the recipe on the back of the yellow split pea packet-except I throw in a dash of chilli as well!

      Delete
  2. Rose- I've posted about it before here: http://sufficientlysufficient.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/thursday-thrift_31.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yum-may! I hate to cook, so I live vicariously thru others who do it so well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy these are REALLY easy things to cook-admittedly I do love to cook but being able to put together simple meals like these are not only personally satisfying...they also save money-win,win situation! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...